Agreement between: GC Hospitality Pty Ltd (“We/us/management”) and each guest (“you/guest”) in relation to the Blue Heron Motel (“Motel/Management/Premises”)
BY CHECKING IN AT BLUE HERON MOTEL
EACH GUEST AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE HOUSE RULES AS LISTED BELOW:
Check-in & Check-out
- Standard check-in time is 2:00 pm.
- Where you are or will check-in after 6:00pm, we require 24 hours prior notice in order to facilitate our late check-in service. Use of our late check-in service is provided in accordance with these rules and regulations and subject to provision of credit card authorisation for prior payment of the booking payment and any deposit bond.
- Check-out time is between 8:00am – 10:30 am and 2pm to 6pm. If you intend to check-out outside of these times, you must notify us and obtain approval from reception at least 24 hours prior to check-out.
- Late check-out will incur a fee on a per hour basis.
- Late check out fees will be payable by you upon check-out or failing this, you consent to these fees being deducted from your deposit bond or charged to the credit card provided for the booking.
- Reception hours are from 8.00am to 10.30am and 2pm to 6pm, seven days a week. We reserve the right to amend these reception hours from time to time.
- You must provide a credit card for the booking at the time of check-in (if not before). In providing these card details you authorise us to deduct any amounts payable under these rules and regulations, including the following:
b.booking fees; or
c.any other amounts chargeable under these rules and regulations and/or as a result of any breach of these rules and regulations.
- Any deposit bond held by us, is subject to clearance from management that there is no damage to the unit or costs or expenses chargeable in relation to the booking. Bond refunds (Pre-Authorisation release) are processed on the same day after check-out. Please note some banks may take up to 10 business days after released to complete the process.
- The booking must be paid for in full prior to occupancy, but in any event no later than the time of check-in.
- If you are checking in after reception hours, you must provide us with satisfactory credit card details and in doing so authorise us to charge any balance of the payment for the booking and any outstanding deposit bond amount to the card provided.
- Maximum occupancy for each room type at any one time is:
a. two (2) persons in for a Deluxe Queen room;
b. three (3) persons in a Twin Share room; and
c. five (5) persons in a Large Family room.
- All guests must be registered with reception.
- All guests and/or visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times on the property (such as a parent, step-parent, guardian or other adult who has parental rights and responsible for the minor).
- If a minor, whom is part of your booking or a visitor of yours, is found to be unaccompanied, we may cancel your booking and in such case the full booking amount is forfeited to us.
- Management also reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities in relation to any unaccompanied minors.
- Each booking is permitted a maximum of two (2) guests visiting at one time.
- All visitors must sign-in at Reception, with current photo ID, and must be co-signed in by the registered room occupant, otherwise they will not be permitted to visit the premises.
- No visitors are permitted before 10.00am or after 7.00pm, or on the first or last day of a booking.
- No overnight visitors are permitted due to fire, health and safety regulations.
- Visiting hours are subject to the discretion of management and can be changed without notice.
- Registered guests are responsible for their visitors and their actions, either in their room or the confines of the hotel premises.
- Management reserves the right to remove any visitors that are in breach of the House Rules and Regulations, in its complete discretion.
Alcohol and Illicit Substances
- No person under the age of 18 years is permitted to consume alcohol on the premises. If anyone under the age of 18 years is consuming alcohol on the premises, the alcohol must be surrendered to the manager and management reserves the right to remove the person and/or the alcohol from the premises.
- Excessive amounts of alcohol must not be brought onto the premises. Excessive amounts of alcohol include (but is not limited to):
a.Cases/cartons of beer, cider, pre-mixed drinks etc per person; and/or
b.Multiple bottles/cases of spirts/wine per person.
- If any guest or visitor is identified as bringing excessive amounts of alcohol onto the premises, that person will be required to remove the excessive alcohol from the premises immediately, or alternatively, surrender the alcohol to management, which can be retrieved on check-out.
- Where any registered guest, or any persons associated with that guest, display irresponsible consumption of alcohol practices and/or alcohol-related poor behaviour, management reserves the right to evict the guest or person from the premises.
- No alcohol is to be consumed in the designated pool area.
- Management also reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities in relation to alcohol matters.
- We have a strict policy of ‘zero tolerance’ regarding the consumption or possession of illegal substances. The consumption of illegal substances (which includes alcohol for those under the age of 18) is not permitted under any circumstances anywhere on the Motel premises.
- Any person found in the possession of illegal substances will be evicted and reported to the police immediately. In such case the full booking amount will be forfeited to us.
Common Property – BBQ Areas and Swimming Pool
- Guests undertake to:
a. keep the BBQ area clean and tidy;
b. place any rubbish in the designated rubbish bins;
c. reasonably clean the BBQ and any equipment after use; and
d. to observe the hours of operation and use of the BBQ area as advised by management.
- Guests may be charged for cleaning costs if the BBQ, BBQ equipment or property is not maintained or cleaned to a reasonable standard.
- Guests must not enter the pool area whilst under the influence of alcohol or illicit substances.
- Guests enter the pool and the surrounding area at their own risk and the we will not be responsible for any injuries to guests or their visitors while using the Motel facilities.
- Guests undertake to:
a. Wear proper swimming attire for use of the swimming pool facilities;
b. Take a shower before entering the pool;
c. Children must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or responsible adult and under strict supervision by said person;
d. Food and beverages are not permitted in the pool area;
e. No glassware is permitted in the pool area;
f. Diving is strictly prohibited as it can lead to injury;
g. Spitting, spouting of water, blowing nose in the pool are prohibited;
h. Throwing litter in pool premises is strictly prohibited as it may choke pipe lines/drainage system of swimming pool;
i. Gum chewing is not permitted anywhere in the pool area for health and safety reasons; and
j. Walk and not to run in and around the pool facility for their and others safety.
36. Any person suffering from a known serious medical condition (e.g. heart disease, severe circulation problems, epilepsy or respiratory problems) should not use the swimming pool.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage to any personal property, injury, disability or fatality even death arising from whatsoever reasons while exercising or playing in the swimming area.
- Guests undertake that;
a. They will maintain acceptable and appropriate noise levels at all times and acknowledge that excessive noise will not be tolerated;
b. They will not act or behave in a way so as to directly or indirectly disturb any other guests, visitors or management;
c. They will act in accordance with these House Rules and Regulation;
d. They will not bring any of the following onto the Hotel premises:
i. Animals or birds of any kind;
ii. Gun powder, oils or other explosives or flammable substances;
iii. Objects emitting a foul odour;
iv. Objects of an unusually large size or in unusually large quantities;
v. Unregistered firearms, swords or illicit substances; and/or
vi. Any other articles, the possession of which is prohibited in Queensland or Australia.
- No nudity is observable from inside or outside of the Motel premises.
- No adult entertainment will be tolerated.
- The smoking of cigarettes and tobacco products is completely prohibited in the Motel premises, including in rooms. Any guests found smoking in rooms will be charged the costs of deodorising the room, including management’s administration costs for attending to this.
- Guests are responsible for the security of their room and their possessions. Guests must lock/secure their room (including any doors or windows) each time they leave the room.
- Guests indemnify us in relation to any damage to the Premises or the Motel as a result of their failure to lock/reasonably secure their allotted room.
- Guests acknowledge that the following will not be tolerated, and undertake not the breach the following prohibited actions:
a. yelling from Motel rooms or windows;
b. items hung, draped, thrown or dropped from room windows;
c. projection of laser lights or pens from room or windows;
d. climbing or hanging from windows; and
e. signs hung or displayed from the apartment interior or windows.
- Any food or drinks ordered by the guests must be accepted outside of the Motel building, being either in the car-park areas or in a public area outside the Motel premises. Guests must not provide access to the Motel to any delivery workers or unauthorised guests.
Damage to property
- All guests undertake to:-
a. Take full responsibility for the actions of any visitors, including damage caused to Motel premises, including rooms or public areas and the rectification of such damages;
b. Accept full financial responsibility for any damage caused to any Motel premises, including any allocated room and its contents and any common areas;
c. Ensure the allocated room is returned in the same condition as at time of initial occupation;
d. Report any damage or breakages immediately;
e. Keep apartments tidy and presentable at all times & remove rubbish daily;
f. Not remove crockery, utensils or furniture from any apartment; and
g. Pay the fees for a replacement room keys should a guest lose or misplace their allocated keys. Guests accept the associated fees with the keys are increased due to the nature of the security keys and cost of replacement.
- Guests indemnify us for any costs, expenses or charges associated with any of the non-compliance with any of the undertakings set out in these House Rules and Regulations.
- Where there is damage to the Premises or the allocated room is not returned in the same condition as at time of initial occupation, guests agree that they will bear the expense of appropriate rectification as deemed necessary by us. Should the room be unsellable, any extra night’s accommodation may be charged to the guest account for the period in which the room is unsellable for.
- Guests consent to costs, charges or expenses under these House Rules and Regulations which are, or become, payable by them or a guest in their booking, being recovered from the security deposit for the booking or the allocated credit card for the booking.
- The occupants of each room are jointly and severally responsible for room inventory in the room they are occupying. Each room will be checked upon arrival and departure. Each occupant of a room acknowledges and agrees that they:
a. are jointly and severally responsible for the cleanliness/tidiness of the room and will be jointly and severally liable for any cleaning fees;
b. are jointly and severally responsible for any missing or damaged items in the room which must be paid for prior to departure: and
c. jointly and severally indemnify us and shall keep us indemnified against any loss, costs, expenses, damages or claims we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with:
i. any items missing from or damaged in the allocated room(s);
ii. any damage to the allocated room(s);
iii. any damage to the premises as a result of their behaviour or their visitor’s behaviour.
- Guest internet access or related services are provided on an ‘as-is’ basis and ‘as available’ basis and your use of the internet services is carried out entirely at your own risk. We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so, you do so at your own risk.
- We do not make any warranties or representations in relation to the availability or suitability or the internet services. You acknowledge that we are not liable for any harm, damages or issues arising out of the following, no matter the circumstances:
a. any errors or failures of the internet service;
b. any virus’ transmitted or received in your use of the internet services;
c. the availability of the internet service;
d. any withdrawal, changes or termination of the internet services or your access to the services;
e. the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the internet services;
f. the compatibility of the service with your equipment or software; and/or
g. your use of the internet services.
53. Any internet access or internet services provided to your during your stay must not be used to:
a. engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the Queensland, Australia or in any state throughout the world; or
b. to access, send or download material which:
i. is defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
ii. contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
iii. pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
iv. may infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
v. offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
vi. in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; and/or
vii. is otherwise unlawful or inappropriate.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address.
- You indemnify us for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else arising out of your use of the internet services.
- Any items left behind by a guest, shall be returned on request and his/her expense.
- If we do not receive such instructions, we will store the items for a period of 30 days. After this time, if you have not contacted us regarding the lost property, we are authorised to give away the items to a charity of our choice or dispose of the items as we see fit.
- We do not store perishable or illegal items or substances.
- Registered guests agree to allow management to, and will not hinder management from doing the following,:
a. enter the room at anytime on the report of a disturbance or breach of any of the House Rules and Regulations; and/or
b. enter the room in the presence of the registered guest to undertake routine maintenance inspections.
- Management reserves the right to enter the unit at any time without the presence of the registered guest in circumstances where there is strong evidence damage is being caused, or is likely to be caused to the room, furniture or fittings or there is a breach of these House Rules and Regulations.
- Guests undertake that:
a. Careless and/or deliberate activation of the Motel fire alarm system, (including but not limited to inroom alarms, corridor manual call points, fire hoses, extinguishers and sprinkler systems) will be reported to the relevant authorities and they will be responsible for payment of the Queensland Fire Service, or applicable authority’s, charge out fee;
b. They are prohibited from doing any act which is likely to cause a fire and from using any heat-generating articles in a Motel room such as a water heater, cooking appliance or iron, save for the items already provided in the Motel room;
c. The registered occupants jointly and severally indemnify us against such fire service call-out charge; and
d. Guests and visitors are not to use any emergency exits, stairwells or doors other than in the event of an emergency.
Breach of the House Rules
- Management reserves the right to enforce eviction of any guests or occupants at its discretion without explanation, if it is confirmed that a breach of these House Rules and Regulations has occurred.
- If any guests are evicted due to a suspected breach of these House Rules and Regulations, guests acknowledge and agree that any amounts paid for the booking shall be forfeited to us, and we are authorised to charge any amounts payable under these House Rules and Regulations, from the deposit bond or credit card for the booking.
- A first and final warning may be issued to guests who breach these House Rules and Regulations where we deem applicable However, management reserves the right to evict any person(s) in breach of these House Rules and Regulations without warning.
- Management reserves the right to refer any matter(s) to the Police or relevant authority.
- Guest and visitors agree to provide staff with full authority to administer first-aid as
deemed necessary in the event of injury/emergency which may include calling an
ambulance. Guests release us from any liability, claim, loss or damage as a result of our staff administering any first-aid in accordance with these House Rules and Regulations.
- We will not be responsible for, or liable for, any damage, loss or theft of any items, property, or valuables on or at the Motel premises.
- We are not responsible for, or liable for, any loss or damage to any personal property, injury, disability or fatality even death arising from whatsoever reasons whilst occupying or on Motel premises.
Events Beyond Control
- We will endeavour to assist with any issues which arise during your stay, however, we are not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of any occurrences or conditions beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to, acts of terrorism, acts of God, failure or suspension of any services from any third parties or service providers, defects in vehicles, defects or failure of any our of systems, plant(s) or equipment, war, strikes, lockouts or industrial action, material shortage, inevitable accidents, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule.
Check-in at Blue Heron Motel constitutes your acceptance of these House Rules and Regulations and refusal to co-operate with management may lead to eviction and/or additional charges being added to your booking or deducted from you deposit bond.